How do I dispose of household hazardous waste?

The City of Chino provides residents of San Bernardino County with a safe and convenient disposal option for common household products containing chemicals, through their Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Program.

The following items are accepted:

Electronic waste

Household generated motor oil & oil filters

Antifreeze & gasoline

Auto & household batteries

Pesticides & fertilizers

Paint products; thinners & stains

Chemical cleaners

Outdated medications (no controlled substances)

Pool & hobby supplies

Fluorescent bulbs & tubes


Mercury Gauges

Non-empty aerosol cans

Tires (on & off the rim) 

The following items are not accepted:

Sharps (Needles, Syringes, and Lancets)

Business wastes


Medical wastes

Radioactive wastes

Yard wastes

Appliances (large)




Show All Answers

1. What is a hazardous material?
2. Who regulates the use of hazardous materials in my business?
3. What is a hazardous waste?
4. Who regulates the storage and disposal of hazardous wastes at my business?
5. Are there liabilities in how I dispose of hazardous waste for my business?
6. How do I dispose of household hazardous waste?
7. How do I dispose of hazardous waste from a business?
8. How do I dispose of waste oil?