Reserve Fire Inspectors
The volunteer Reserve Fire Inspector is a one-year commitment of one day per week assisting with fire safety inspections and other Community Risk Reduction activities.
Available to volunteer one eight-hour day per week for one year.
Must possess a valid California driver's license with a good driving record.
Education and Experience
Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalency, and 18 years of age.
Enrolled in or completion of college-level fire technology courses.
Completion of a minimum of 1 California OSFM Fire Inspector series course.
Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions, in addition to a typical office environment with the following characteristics:
- Mobility – frequent sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, walking, and climbing stairs.
- Lifting – frequently up to 50 pounds.
- Vision – constant use of overall vision; frequent reading and close-up work; occasional color and depth vision.
- Dexterity – frequent repetitive motion; frequent writing; frequent grasping, holding, and reaching.
- Hearing/Talking – frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the phone.
- Emotional/Psychological – frequent decision-making and concentration; frequent public and/or co-worker contact; occasional periods of working alone.
- Environmental – frequent exposure to dust, loud noises, and temperature extremes
Obtain On-The-Job Training
Obtain Fire Prevention Experience
Utilize Training and Experience on Your Resume
Gain First-hand Knowledge of the Fire Service
Fire Department Uniform Provided
Contact Fire Inspector Jim Powderly at 909-315-8833 or email email@example.com
Interest cards can be found here Version OptionsReserve Fire InspectorsHeadline. You will need to click on Administration and subscribe.